Friday, January 3, 2014

Thoughts on the New Year and First Friday Link Up




We have a double oven in our home, but for the last year the top oven has not worked. It's a major bummer when the holidays roll around, especially when you are hosting Thanksgiving - but a lot of people make do with one oven, so can't really whine too much, right? I actually turned it on for a while on Thanksgiving day and asked God for a miracle, but alas, the little oven light remained un-illuminated. 

A couple days ago, I walked into the kitchen to my husband cooking breakfast. He was making pig n' blankets and as I groggily stumbled to the coffee pot, he announced that the top oven was working! I stood there, half asleep, staring at the little red light that shows you the oven is on - illuminated for the first time in over a year. He hadn't done anything but turned it on! I immediately felt the Holy Spirit tell me that this was God's favor - things that hadn't worked previously would work now - with HIS hand on us.  

I truly believe that if we submit ourselves to Christ with obedience, that God is ready to knock our socks of this year! What's your dream for 2014? Mine is to be debt free and I know that if we are faithful to the process that God is going to come alongside of my husband and I and multiply our efforts! He is such a good God that knows how to give above and beyond our wildest dreams! So dream BIG this year!

Here are a couple scripture passages that I have enjoyed reading and feel may be pertinent to the coming year:


Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. Psalm 2:8

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matthew 6:33

Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

I also think that the book of Jude is a magnificent prophetic word for this year. Dig in The Word! 



Share your thoughts on the New Year or anything else that is on your heart and link up here or click on First Friday Link Up in my header.

No comments:

Post a Comment